Signs You May Need Alzheimer’s Care
Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- They are telling you the same story over and over.
- They start making financial mistakes.
As the Disease Progresses
- They are not socializing.
- They start staying home most of the time.
- They won’t go to the grocery or venture out.
- They aren’t as familiar with where they are going anymore.
These signs could mean that it’s time to start looking for specialized care.
Bigger Issues and Safety Concerns
- Poor hygiene
- Hair is not washed
- Wearing same clothes day after day
- Spoiled food in fridge
- Medications haphazardly hidden throughout the house
- Keys left in the fridge
- Things are out of place
You should be alert for bigger safety issues like leaving the stove on.
Don’t wait for a crisis to respond. Many seniors respond better in memory care communities when they settle into their new home sooner rather than later.