What is Personal Care in Kentucky?
In the Commonwealth of Kentucky, a Personal Care community is part of a healthcare continuum of care that includes Personal Care communities, Assisted Living communities and Nursing Homes. Personal care communities are licensed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky through the Kentucky Cabinet of Health Services, while Assisted Living communities are certified (not licensed) by the Kentucky Department for Aging and Independent Living. A Personal Care community will often allow the resident to “age in place” longer before a higher level of care may be required, i.e., a nursing home. The greatest difference between Personal Care and Assisted Living relates to nursing oversight and medication management, which is provided at a Personal Care community.
We invite you to visit our community and learn more about the Morning Pointe way.
Exceptional Care, Customer Service and Socialization, giving you complete peace of mind.
Personal Care Community and Assisted Living Differences
Personal Care Community
- Licensed Nurses
- Resident Services Director – Oversees all Nursing and Clinical aspects of our services
- Medication management and administration
- Has authorization to communicate with physicians and pharmacies
- Monthly Wellness Assessments provided
- Nursing care oversight of all resident care
- Diabetic Management
- Ability to provide for in-house labs and x-rays through other organizations
- Maintains resident charts and medication records
- Most long-term care insurance policies cover personal care
- Does not offer nurses or nursing oversight
- Can only offer assistance with medical reminders
- Employees cannot determine dosage, administer injections or other medication
- Employees cannot take orders for or changes in medications
- Can only do first aid and then call 911
- Does not provide Diabetic Management
- Cannot provide in-house labs and x-rays through other organizations
- Few long-term care insurance policies cover assisted living
Morning Pointe encourages you to visit Personal Care and Assisted Living communities in the area to help thoroughly understand the scope of services offered to seniors and their families. We realize how difficult a move is for any person, especially seniors, and we would be pleased to discuss the depth of healthcare services offered at our Personal Care community. Our goal at Morning Pointe is to provide a comfortable, safe and secure environment that will allow for “aging in place” to minimize the likelihood of future moves. We are confident that you will find Morning Pointe Senior Living to be the residence of choice.
Learn More about Morning Pointe Personal Care & Memory Care
Learn more about our senior living communities in Kentucky! Our mission is to be the provider of choice, offering exceptional, comprehensive personal care & Alzheimer’s memory care.
Morning Pointe offers over 20 years of experience in senior living and has communities across the Bluegrass State that offer individual care plans along with restaurant-style dining, a full life enrichment calendar, and on-site physical, occupational, and speech therapy.