Morning Pointe Coronavirus Prevention Update
March 31, 2020
Morning Pointe Senior Living values the health and safety of our residents, families, and associates, especially at this time when coronavirus (COVID-19) is at a heightened state of involvement in our world. It is important that you know what Morning Pointe is doing to ease the concern regarding our resident communities.
Our current priority is prevention of infection. We want to reassure our residents, family members, and associates that we continue to work closely with state and federal agencies throughout each day to get the most up-to-date information on COVID-19. As the information evolves or becomes available, we are working with each of our campuses to update protocols and distribute any additional instruction.
Currently, Morning Pointe has restricted visitation at all resident communities until further notice (with the exception of end-of-life situations). This includes family members, non-associate caregivers, and other guests to our buildings. Although not ideal, this restriction is important for the protection of our residents and associates.
The safety and wellbeing of our residents and associates is paramount. All our campuses are following the CDC-recommended guidelines for infection control, including but not limited to:
- Strict handwashing and hand sanitizing procedures
- Taking all resident temperatures daily
- Taking all associate temperatures at the beginning of each shift
- Maintaining a travel and temperature log on any end-of-life visitors
- Restriction of all visitors other than end-of-life situations to our resident communities
- Monitoring of additional health recommendations from the CDC and other appropriate state health departments.
Resident Life Enrichment
While actively safeguarding our residents from infection, we also recognize our residents want and need to continue to lead active lifestyles. To that end, Morning Pointe has developed an industry-leading program called Morning Pointe In Motion that facilitates engaging activities while following safe distancing guidelines. Additionally, we recognize that, in times of uncertainty, maintaining positive mental health is vital to our residents’ wellbeing. We continue to provide the following responsive measures:
- Frequent communication with residents and associates
- Encouraging the use of video conferencing technology
- Providing meaningful engagement opportunities that follow recommended safe distancing guidelines
You can also get further information from the CDC website by clicking here
Morning Pointe Senior Living extends its thoughts and prayers to those who have been affected by this illness. Information about Morning Pointe’s response to coronavirus will be updated as necessary and posted on the company’s website, or you can dial our coronavirus information hotline at 423-910-4040.
PO Box 813 • 6020 Arbury Way • Ooltewah, TN 37363
(423) 238-5330 • Fax: (423) 238-3853