Do I Qualify for Senior Living?
Assisted Living (TN, GA, AL, IN) and Personal Care (KY)
Once you choose your community, here is what happens next:
The team will work with you to schedule an assessment of your loved one by the Director of Nursing or Director of Admissions at the community of your choice:
- This usually takes place at your loved ones residence and takes about an hour.
- This assessment will be performed by a nurse.
- During the assessment the nurse will want to see your medications and will want to see how well you move.
- The nurse assessment is to make sure your loved ones needs can be met effectively by the staff in the community.
Schedule a trip to your loved ones primary care physician for required paperwork:
- Tell them you plan to move into a community
- Ask them to complete the physician orders including medications and history information on the forms provided to you by the community
- Ask them to complete a TB skin test or chest x-ray
- This information is required to be in the community BEFORE your loved one can move in.
- Complete the Residency Agreement Form
- Plan a Move In Date
- Plan to spend 2-4 visits per week for the first 2-3 weeks to attend some activities and help assist your loved one to transition to the new community.