On Thursday, Nov. 10, at 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time, Morning Pointe associates can earn free CEUs/contact hours for attending the Caregiver Café virtual seminar, “Alzheimer’s, Dementia and Caregiving.”
Morning Pointe will pay for RNs, LPNs and MSWs employed with the company to earn credit for the seminar. The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga will administer the survey following the seminar for 1.5 contact hours or 0.15 CEUs.
The session will be led by Dr. David Hutchings, Ph.D., geriatric neuropathology and dementia specialist. Topics of discussion include:
• Dementia types, differential diagnosis and differences among types
• Genetic risks and gene mutations of dementia
• Characteristics of each dementia and strategies for treatment
• Stages of dementia and declines at each stage for symptom management
• Advanced symptom management of dementia and how to address nutritional decline, decline in activities of daily living and fall prevention
a. Implementation of therapies to assist in all stages of dementia
b. Decrease caregiver burden and costly treatments
c. Address difficult topics such as feeding tubes
• How to provide evidenced-based practices to dementia evaluation and treatment
To register for the Virtual Caregiver Café, or for more information, go to morningpointe.com/caregivercafe.
Associates wanting FREE contact hours or CEUs courtesy of Morning Pointe: Please click on “Register for Webinar.” You do not need to click on the “Register for CEUs” link. When registering on Zoom, please indicate your position and Morning Pointe community. Upon completion of webinar and survey, UTC will mail you a certificate for you to send to your accrediting agency.